I do not have time to Blog w/ my little one's running around. But these wonderful bloggers do and hopefully you will follow them and check out all of this neat stuff!
4th of July 2011 deals and freebies are just now starting to roll out! Below is a round-up of all of the deals that have been released so far. I will continue to keep this post updated as more 4th of July deals are announced!
In-Store 4th of July Deals and Coupons
Ace will have some nice free items after rebate as part of their 4th of July sale! Keep in mind that these items sell out quickly every year, so you’ll want to get there early if you want to snag them!
Buy 2, Get 1 FREE sale in-stores!
The Children’s Place
Use this coupon to save an additional 15% off of their already reduced in-store items through July 4th!
Online Shopping 4th of July Deals and Coupons
Save $40 off a $100 purchase with FREE shipping and 6% cashback!
Sears will be having a 6-Day 4th of July sale that will start on June 30th and run through July 5th. Get FREE shipping on all online Sears orders over $99 with the coupon code JULY4SHIP or save an extra $20 off a $200 purchase with the code FIREWORKS.
The Children’s Place
The Children’s Place is currently having a great big 75% off 4th of July sale! Just use the coupon code W2E2011 to save an additional 15% off of their already reduced items and get 3% cashback through Ebates!
Restaurant 4th of July Deals
Buy One Drink, Get One for FREE with coupon!
Papa Johns Pizza
Get 50% off any online order made July 2nd through July 4th with the promo code 50Off!
*this deal is not available in all areas
Get a 4-Course Seafood Feast for $15!
*I personally got in on this deal a few weeks ago and it was so yummy. They did not skimp on the food either…it truly was a feast.
Whip out your red, white, and blue and celebrate the July 4, 2010 holiday with this huge list of freebies. From sandwiches to books, these freebies will make the long holiday weekend even sweeter. Thank goodness for independence!
Buy any drink, excluding coffee and value drinks, at an Arby's on Monday, July 5 and receive a free Junior Deluxe Sandwich -- a new item on the value menu not officially available until next week. The sandwiches will be available any time of day. The Junior Deluxe Sandwich is made of roast beef, lettuce and tomato on a toasted sesame seed bun. Once it hits the value menu, the sandwich will sell for $1. With the drink exclusions, you'll likely spend $1.50 to get this freebie. Find an Arby's near you.
Barnes & Noble is offering freebies for book lovers - 21 free ebook downloads celebrating American writers. Free titles include The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Uncle Tom's Cabin, and The Scarlet Letter. B&N Classics normally go for $2 and up, so this deal is worth $42 or more if you download all the books. The free downloads expire Monday, July 5. If you don't already have Barnes & Noble's free book reader, you can download that too. It is compatible with most systems.
Help others, get ice cream. That's a proposition I like. Target and Ben & Jerry's have teamed up to give free ice cream to folks who volunteer. Sign up for a project in your neighborhood through Volunteer Match, then look for an e-mail with a coupon for a free scoop, which you can redeem at any Target that sells Ben & Jerry's. In my neighborhood, the projects included volunteering at a library sale, helping literacy teachers and hosting an exchange student. Once you earn your coupon, you can pass the coupon onto five friends. Think of it as an ice cream party at Target! Ben & Jerry's created two new flavors in honor of volunteers, including Berry Voluntary and Brownie Chew Gooder. While supplies last.
Join ThredUp, an online clothing swapping site that recently branched out to include kids wear, and get two months of free swapping. The way the site works is you fill a box with gently used clothes that your child no longer needs, then offer it up for grabs. Meanwhile, you can pick a box of clothes you want to receive from the dozens that are listed. You can pick by gender, size, and season. You pay $13 to receive a box; sending boxes is free. Click here to join.
This is the last weekend to get a free 60-day BJ's membership. The membership is valid from the time you start it, but you must begin no later than July 5. The free membership comes with a secondary free membership for a member of your household.
Need a reason to clip coupons? Here are three drugstore products you can get free by saving and clipping coupons. One of my favorite bloggers who matches coupons with sales, Bargain Briana, found three freebies at Walgreens this week, among others. Among the coupons are free Dentyne Gum, Johnson & Johnson Floss, Reach Crystal Clean toothbrush and free Finesse Hair Care products.
If you live near a Waffle House, print out this coupon for a free slice of pie and head on over before July 10, when the coupon expires. Valid on dine-in orders only. One per customer. It's unclear if you need to make a regular purchase to get this deal, but it does not sound like it. Find a Waffle House near you. Caveats: not valid on take out. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Valid at participating Waffle House restaurants only.
Get six free red, white, and blueberry pancake puppies at Denny's in honor of the July 4th holiday when you spend at least $2 and print this Facebook coupon. Pancake puppies are small balls of fried pancake dough. It looks like the puppies are tinted red, they have blueberries inside, and you can drizzle white chocolate on top for an American flag look. This offer expires July 25. Caveats: one coupon per check per table. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Valid at participating restaurants only. Photocopies of the coupon are not accepted.
Other 4th of July 2011 Deals
FREE 4th of July Crafts and Recipe Book
Sign-up for the FavCrafts newsletter and they’ll give you their 4th of July crafts and reciepes eBook for FREE!
Swag Buckswill have 5 Limited Edition collector’s bills available, and if you can snag all five by July 4th, they will give you a bonus 13 Swag Bucks! If you are not yet a member of SwagBucks, go HERE to get in on the fun. To learn more about Swag Bucks, check out this post.
Monday is the Fourth of July, and if you're looking for some patriotic snack and dessert recipes to round out your weekend celebrations, there's a seemingly limitless amount of creative options online.
Here are links to a few Fourth of July snack and dessert recipes that will taste great and add a patriotic visual punch to your get-togethers this weekend.
Disney's FamilyFun website has a ton of easy Fourth of July recipes with great pictures of red-white-and-blue treats that will likely inspire you to try making them yourself. Some standouts:
- Spangled Sandwich Pops: Made by sticking popsicle sticks into mini ice cream sandwiches coated in red, white and blue sprinkles.
- Nation's B-day Nachos: Blue corn tortilla chips topped with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, salsa and sour cream.
- Revolutionary Berries: Strawberries dipped in melted white chocolate and blue sugar.
- Patriotic Ice Cream Cupcakes: Includes red velvet cake and blue moon ice cream.
- Uncle Sam's Crispy Treat Cake: As much a sculpting project as it is a recipe, this would be a great one to do with the kids.
- Patriotic Trifle: Blueberries, strawberries, angel food cake, vanilla pudding and more. If this doesn't satisfy your sweet tooth, there's not much that will.
- Stars and Strips Cupcakes: Includes maraschino cherries and blue candy stars.
- Red, White and Blue Shortcake Stars: Strawberry, blueberry and whipped cream star-shaped shortcakes.
- Brownie 'n Berries Dessert Pizza: A brownie "pizza" topped with cream cheese, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and apple jelly.
- Stained Glass Jello: This recipe post shows red, white and blue colors, but you can choose your colors to represent whatever theme you want.
- Chocolate Banana Pops: Use white chocolate and red and blue sprinkles for this recipe and you'll have a great patriotic treat.
- Red, White and Blue Bark: Red, white and blue candy melts with cinnamon drop and peppermint crunch sprinkles.
Fourth of July recipes for snacks and desserts, as well as some great burger recipes for your Independence Day grill outs. But we know that celebrating isn't all about the food — there's also the drinks.
To that end, here are some drink recipes that will help liven up any Fourth of July celebration.
The bloggers at DAT's So Cute! offer a handful of great Fourth of July drink recipes, including one for a HYPNOTIQ-based patriotic cocktail recipe that also includes strawberries, rum, coconut milk, pineapple juice and fresh lime juice.
About.com's "Fourth of July Cocktails" section includes dozens of great cocktail recipes categorized by color — red, white or blue — as well as style — "Short & Stylin'," "Tall & Refreshing" and "Beautifully Blended." Their "Patriotic Cocktails" recipes include:
- The Air Force One: Created for the inauguration of President Barack Obama, the cocktail features HYPNOTIQ, citrus vodka and lemon-lime soda.
- The Firecracker (a shooter): Includes tequila, Rumple Minze and Goldschlager.
- The Hail to the Chief: Features blackberries, ginger ale and Skyy Infusions Grape Vodka.
- The LiberTea: Features black tea bags, plus Wild Turkey Bourbon and American Honey.
The website idrink.com has nearly two dozen drink recipes in its "Fourth of July Drink Recipes" section. Some of the more patriotic-sounding and highest rated include:
- The American Flag: Made with Blue Curacao, creme de cacao and grenadine.
- The American Glory: Made with champagne, lemonade and orange juice.
- The American Dream: Made with amaretto, coffee liqueur, creme de cacao and Frangelico.
DAT's So Cute! offers a recipe for Patriotic Punch that features a "freeze-flavored beverage" (red or blue Kool-Aid or Gatorade) used as ice cubes in a glass of seltzer water or Sprite. As the cubes melt, they write, "colored bubbles will swirl." (An adult version of the drink uses cherry vodka and lemonade.)
Disney's FamilyFun website has a dozen great recipes in their "4th of July Drinks" section, including:
- The Patriotic Drink: A red, white and blue "multilayered concoction" made with cranberry juice, Wild Berry flavored Gatorade Fierce and Diet 7UP.
- Kids' Strawberry Daiquiris: An "innocent" version of the grownup favorite featuring 16 strawberries and concentrated limeade.
- The Root Beer Float: A simple summer classic that's sure to please.
Enjoy the festive food and drinks of the weekend and have fun, but as with lighting fireworks, make sure to be responsible and stay safe. Happy Fourth of July!